Thursday, June 7, 2012

Music changing culture?

A very good point was brought up today amidst a discussion with a classmate, and I thought it was an extremely interesting pattern. I have never taken the time to examine the way our forms of mass media influence our day to day culture, whether it be our fashion, our food, or any other aspect of life in America. I'm sure there are numerous publications all about the influence of pop culture, but for now I prefer the connections and realizations I have made all on my own. I think it's fascinating to examine the way that different songs and different musical groups all reflect the era and the generation that they were produced in. Even if they were made at a later date, I feel that we can hear a song and it can take us back to the ideas, and the values of that time. What do you think world?

No comments:

Post a Comment